The aim of the Sustainaware project is to educate young people in Slovenia and Hungary about climate change and climate change mitigation through informal education methods.
The project objectives are to:
- Develop a Slovenian ecological footprint calculator and a project website;
- Write and publish a brochure "WTF is Climate Change?" in English, Slovenian, and Hungarian;
- Develop a competency model for climate change mitigation and sustainability for informal education in the youth sector;
- Ensure the pilot implementation of the competency model in non-governmental organisations in Slovenia and Hungary;
- Organise eight webinars on climate change mitigation and sustainability;
- Organise a summer school on climate change and sustainability;
- Organise an international youth climate conference;
- Effectively communicate about climate awareness activities and promote tools developed within the project.
The Sustainaware project is part of the European Climate Initiative (EUKI) under the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Protection and is also co-funded by the European Union.
For more information about the project, please visit: www.sustainaware.net/climate-mitigation/
Project duration: From 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022